Gettysburg Bicycle is only a sponsor and has nothing to do with the permitting or registration. Please email Rich at email@example.com with any questions.
Michaux Maximus is the first stop in the 2018 Michaux Endurance Series. Maximus is staged from the Piney Mountain parking lot on Pine Grove Furnace Road, due west of Pine Grove Furnace State Park. This is the same general location as the old Iron Masters Challenge held from 1991-2000 and what locals cheekily refer to as Norchaux. The 2018 edition of Maximus will provide riders with three challenging, fully supported XC loops of 10, 20, and 30 miles respectively. Additionally, we will once again offer a Family Fun Loop. This 5 mile loop is designed to introduce young riders, families, and first time racers to the enjoyment and the challenge of riding in the Michaux State Forest.
It is no secret that Michaux has a certain mythical quality not often found on today’s mountain bike racing circuit. These are true backwoods throwback events chock full of technical and physical challenges. If you truly want to test your mountain biking abilities, this is the race series for you!
Have you always gotten mixed up in the forest, you have no excuses now. Purple Lizard Maps of Michaux are now available. Pick yours up at Gettysburg Bicycle for Michaux, Raystown, Pine Creek, Bald Eagle, Scotia and Moshannon–Quehanna. These maps are high quality, waterproof, and include hiking and biking trails, dirt roads and back roads plus all the local info you need for your adventure.
Please email Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
5 mile – $15
10 mile – $40 *
20 mile – $50 *
30 mile – $60 *
Enduro – $40 *
*Includes the latest edition of our world famous Volvo Michaux Endurance Series
T-Shirt plus a post race meal!
Race Day Rates
5 mile – $15
10 mile – $50 *
20 mile – $60 *
30 mile – $70 *
Enduro – $50 *
* Includes a post race meal. Volvo Endurance Series T-Shirts are NOT included with race day registration but may be purchased on race day while supplies last.
2016 Maximus Race Courses
20 Mile & Enduro https://connect.garmin.com/activity/308390488
RAIN OR SHINE
30 mile – 9:00
20 mile, 10 mile, 5 mile & Super D – 10:00
What do you get if you race?
1. You get that euphoric sense of accomplishment that comes from mud-wresting the forest for 3 hours and still managing to finish one of the single toughest races around. Period. Full Stop!
2. You get stocked aid stations on the course with GU, water, GU Brew, PB J, candy and more
3. Post-race meal.
4. Preregisters get race T-Shirt.
5. 30 mile podium finishers receive cash prize
6. 10 and 20 mile podium finishers receive pick from prize table
7. Enduro Stage Winners and Overalls receive prizes
8. Enter all three events to qualify for the overall series titles
at the end of the series